Job Type – Permanent
Full time – (37.5 hours per week)
Job Reference – 28402/GL
Our client based in Malvern, requires a self-motivated, committed individual ideally with some commercial insurance experience who wishes to expand their existing knowledge and progress towards underwriting scheme and open market business, as directed. In addition, we will require good written and oral skills and require someone with the ability to work under their own initiative. Ideally, the person should be willing to learn and embrace new systems. A flexible approach is required as the role will be progressive and may change with the development of the department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To learn all scheme binder business as directed by the Commercial Manager, if applicable.
- To provide full administration support to the Commercial Account handler.
- To learn all Policy Wordings and Underwriting Guides and be able to provide guidance on such, to clients and answer basic claims queries.
- To liaise with the Claims Department as necessary.
- To review files and administer new business, renewals and mid-term adjustments for clients using binders and open market Insurers, as and when required.
- To meet all service standards for the handling of renewal, new business and/or MTA’s as directed by the Commercial Manager.
- To enforce Underwriting Guides for the Underwriting of scheme business, introduced into the department by the Commercial Manager.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure any client receives a prompt and efficient response.
- To track cases as appropriate to ensure a satisfactory conclusion is reached.
- To maintain client relationships by providing excellent customer service, ensuring work is carried out with accuracy, confidentiality and deadlines are met.
- To assist with post and phone duties as and when required.
- To deal with accounts queries, as directed.
- To input cheques, credit card and or finance agreements onto the system.
- To input data onto the Administration System as necessary.
- To follow FCA requirements, including Treating Customers Fairly.
- Deal with sub brokers as required within the course of the business.
- Undertake internal and external training courses as necessary.
- The ideal candidate will preferably have a sound understanding of insurance needs and risk management in commercial enterprises.
- Being a skilled and thorough administrator who is committed to the highest level of customer service is essential.
Benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, pension, health scheme, and a commitment to supporting your continuing professional training and development.